Cassie Crane, our Medical Home Coordinator, is here to help coordinate care and resources for our patients with chronic illness or other medical complexities!
What is Medical Home?
A Medical Home is a team-based healthcare delivery system for children. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) describes the ideal Medical Home as one that provides “accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate and culturally-effective care.”
What can the Medical Home Coordinator do for children with chronic illnesses?
- Coordinate care with specialists
- Order supplies and services through home health agencies
- Provide social resources (transition planning, disability waiver information, Social Security, etc.)
- Provide community resources (therapy, support groups, local programs, Early Intervention, etc.)
- Give support and additional information about your child’s specific diagnosis
- Offer assistance with financial resources (navigating insurance, assistance programs, disability funds, etc.)
- Provide educational support (504/IEP letters, coordination with school services, special education, accommodation information, etc.)