Links & Organizations We Recommend
Family Support & Parenting Help:
- Utah Parent Center: 801-272 –1051 Provides information, peer support, training, and advocacy for parents by parents of children with special needs
- Allies with Families: 801-433-2595 Support and resources for parents and children with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs.
- NAMI: 801-323-9900 Free 12-week course for family caregivers of individuals with severe mental illnesses.
- Utah Family Voices: 801-272-1068 Support for families with children with special healthcare needs run by parents.
- Autism Council of Utah Resources, services, support for recently-diagnosed as well as all ages of children with ASD.
- Carmen B. Pingree Center: 801-581-0194 Parent training classes and sibling support groups for families with children who are diagnosed with ASD.
- FAAST Autism resources and events as well as community and family supports.
- Family to Family Network Local networks across the state host meetings/activities for families of children with disabilities.
- AutismLink Many support resources including message boards, for family support.
- Autism Speaks Online education, resources, information, links for ASD.
- OASIS Online Asperger information and support.
- Salt Lake City Mommies Local get-togethers, resources, support for local Utah moms.
- Unlocking Autism National on-line support network for ASD.
Local Area Respite Care Providers:
- Autism Give Grants for relief & support to individuals and families in Utah affected by autism; pays directly to the respite care provider
- Bear –O-Care: 801-419-4731 Before and after school care, weekends; low-cost and sliding scale fee; no aggressive kids; Nurse on staff
- Child Care Resource and Referral Metro Line: 801-355-HUGS
- CTA Community Supports: 801-268-4887 Services for children with autism after school and on Saturdays; summers and holidays
- Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD): 1-877-568-0084 Respite and Emergency Respite for children who qualify
- Family Support Center: 801-255-6881 Crisis Nursery, Emergency Respite, as well as a licensed and trained clinical staff to assist families and individuals dealing with various life stressors.
- Summit Community Counseling: 801-266-2485 Respite care for Optum Health
Local Support Groups:
- Mom’s Night Out 7-9pm 3rd Thursday monthly email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tooele Autism Group (TAG) email: email@example.com
- Big MAKS Group—SLC Cheryl@autismcouncilofutah.org
- Easy to Love, Hard to Raise
- HOME Program: 801-581-5515 1st Friday of each month; parent support group